Sunday, May 1, 2016

Styling Stories: Sunset Child

What is your first memory?
An endless chain of firsts is what we encounter everyday, but the very first is what will be lost forever once forgotten.
Time is fleeting, yesterday is replaced by today. The future will be the present.

 
I am an April child.
With dawn comes the sun and a storm of changes.
I close my eyes.
The first time I open them I see the trees resisting the mighty claws of the wind.
I close my eyes.
The hard splashes of the rain are dripping on my skin, but when I open my eyes all that is left is the glistering surface of the rough river stones.
I close my eyes.
When I open them I see the last clouds dancing in the fire of the sunset.
I am standing still.
The sunset is an ever changing constant of each day. The time of reflection and mindfulness.
With that I close my eyes.






Skater Coat - Asos    Sweater Dress - F21   Knee Highs - Asos    Coin Necklace - Pull&Bear    
It's been a full week of a full to do list, that seems to be never ending and never to be ended.
Weekend has just been a good time to recharge again. I sometimes would love to be able to control the duration of time.
So many moments I wish to pass by, others I want to be everlasting. With that rush it's easy to forget the significant memories. This is why I love the sunset, it marks the end of the day and sums up every precious experience.

What time of the day do you like the most?

Happy First of May!
xx

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I also love sunsets, they are a symbol of an ending and simultaneously of a new beginning, a new day and a new chance to better ourselves. Time never stops and I often think about how the future we talk about will eventually be our present. Such a scary thought somehow. There are so many moments in which I wish I could stop the time or just capture them in a jar so that I can relive them. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mira! I had the same thought of capturing time in a jar haha, sadly it'd be too troublesome though and the moments wouldn't be the authentic, perfect moments they are.

      xx

      Delete
  2. You've captured the magic hour perfectly in these photos. For me, my favorite time of the day is the sunrise because it's always so quite as everyone and everything is just starting to wake up and even the city is quieter than usual. I love the feeling of knowing that there's an entire day ahead of me to take advantage of. :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,I wish I'd have the same attitude as you, Jen. It's not that I don't like the sunrise, I love these quiet moments, but I barely can keep my eyes open during that time of the day.

      xx

      Delete