Monday, April 11, 2016

About self-doubt and why you should be more confident starting NOW

Lately I've been wondering about 
what the ties consist of,
that have been choking my voice and my actions.
Sometimes the head gets messy,
It's almost like drowning,
in the crashing floods of self-doubt.

Hello loves,

Something that has been on my mind a lot is the fact that I admire confidence. I really do admire those, that seem to know what they are doing and just rock it.
It seems so easy to walk through life, being certain about oneself and succeed at anything on the long-run. But during that process, self-doubt is a constant companion. It is hard to stay motivated when I know I'm not good (enough) at something or just being stuck and wanting to move on.
It is so contradictional to find confidence at the same place, where self-doubt originates, but the best way to stay confident is to draw the energy from oneself, so I listed some thoughts.

1. Break free.Embrace your own weirdness. You are you, unique and like no one else. There is a reason why we were created by the Almighty each person differently. Self doubt is often triggered by the environment. Break free from peer pressure, break free from society's pressure and back up yourself. Why wasting your time with holding back, if you act like your Original You, right things will fall in place naturally.When you are happy, you are confident.

2. Don't forget to care for yourself.
No need to say yes to anything just to not hurt the other person, he will understand. Sometimes you have to make that extra time for yourself. Experience things just by yourself and do things you love, any passion, sporty, hobby or activity. Creating self-love requires time alone. Get more comfortable alone. How do you expect yourself to feel confident in your own skin if you cannot spent time on your own?
 
 3. Don't forget that people are dealing with their own sh't.
There are so many situiations in the present, past and future, where other people make you feel inferior and uncomfortable. Humans are moody and unfair creatures, so next time, just let the negativity bounce off you, offer a smile, be smart and stay above it, it might not be meant personal. The other person clearly has his own stuff to deal with.

4. Stand behind your own values. If you really believe in something, you should show it and speak up. Remind yourself, why you believe in it. This is a hard one, because one has to debate whether it is worth the risk of not being accepted. But why betraying oneself? Of course, views can change, but when they do, it's a process of learning, not taking over other people's words.

5. If you don't ask, the answer will be no. It can be scary to dig into a rather uncomfortable question, but you are the one who has to live with the consequences. This aspect scares the heck out of me because I prefer to get what I want on my own and I am sure other people can agree.
Maybe it is just somehting with our pride, that we don't want to appear helpless. But it is not the same if all you want is to get closer to the solution more quickly and easy. No need to always take it the complicated way. If you don't even try, you deny yourself your own possibilities.

6. Don't forget to be a learner. Nothing and no one is perfect. Constantly gaining new experience and knowledge, no matter how pleasant or hurtful life can be, it will only shape you and make you richer as a person. The emberassing or hurtful stuff that has happened yesterday is going to stay in the yesterday. Today is another day, another chance to take and nothing can hold you back from that.





It's been one and a half week of ups and downs and I was not able to squeeze much time for photographing more content, therefore the lack of a post last week, which I am not proud of because I'd rather have spend my time on more activities I am passionate about, but that's another update.
I thought I left those insecurities behind back in my high school days, but apparently, it will always be part of my thinking, mind and life. And I accept it.

But that doesn't mean that there is no right to stand up and not get over those doubts again and again. There are moments that are going to drain me, but when I recharge, I can do it from within. Never forget your own uniqueness, endure that bad situation you are currently in, make the best out of it, it will be in the past. Stay confident.

Happy Monday!
xx

14 comments:

  1. I love this post! I found that confidence is also gained with time. Getting older has definitely put a lot of my feelings and thoughts into perspective!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! That's true, a lot of views change once one becomes more mature and wise :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. you put down some great points here! nothing quite like a person who is confident and believes in oneself :)

    theleeday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and inspiring post! " It's almost like drowning,in the crashing floods of self- doubt."-That is how I had felt for a long time and even today these thoughts often surface again. Being confident is a huge challenge and your tips are really helpful, thank you for sharing them! Embracing your weirdness and your personality is the key to a content life, I think - if we stop comparing ourselves and just be who are we are letting go of many worries. Staying behind your values is another thing that is essential although it's definitely not easy to swim against the stream. But if we manage to do that, it gives us strength and confidence. I also love number 6, each day is a new chance to improve ourselves and to get a step closer to confidence and therefore to happiness.
    xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciate you finding yourself in these points! I'm grateful when I can receive positive feedback on my reflections.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Absolutely love this article, it's so inspiring and perfect for the middle of the week! Also, the pictures are pretty perfect! Sending you love,
    xx
    Ana
    Indie Suns | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get it, girl. I love this post from start to finish and it's such good reminder no matter what level of confidence you currently have. When I was younger, I always had a fear of being confident because I mistook it for arrogance, or was afraid other people would mistake it for arrogance. But your light only shines brighter with the right amount of confidence and it was such a life changer. :)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I guess the reason why we sometimes are afraid of confidence are the misunderstandings.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Number ome though! Thanks for sharing such inspirational thoughts.

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete