Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Handcraftings: DIY Bohemian Hat Decoration

 
Blouse  PULL&BEAR           Hat of choice  Stradivarius
 

I really need to go to bed earlier, but today I told myself that I am going to finish this -even if it means staying up till sunrise! I really don't like to delay stuff on my to do list, but there was other work that needed to get done during daytime. Also, if you find any wrong typos in this post- bear with me, I'm already half asleep...


Hats and bohemian fashion really got me this season and I tried to combine these two in the tutorial. Some side notes:

- If you find your decoration "wiggling" around just secure the middle parts to the hat with glue or some stitches.

- You can use any material of decoration you want, it doesn't matter if it is lace, canvas, chains or even a strip of old fabric.
Be as creative as you like to with the project! The power of freedom lies in your hands (I know, sounds cheesy, but whatever)

- The necklace I used here was kinda selfmade, I replaced the chain with the fake leather ribbon, because I preferred the look. You could totally make your very own necklace with your own coins and beads!

- Another idea for a decoration would be to braid ribbons and use those instead or with the band. My hat already had the braided fake leather, so that was already done.

I just totally forgot to mention that you need needle and thread in the instructions..sorry! But you can totally glue the ribbon as well, if that's easier. Sewing the ends together should be a piece of cake though..seriously, those are maybe three stitches by hand.

In the beginning I thought about making a video tutorial, but seriously, this is so easy to make, I don't think it would fill a video..

But if you want to see some more Handcraftings , for example on the necklace or just a more detailed version let me know, I will work on it !

Hope you enjoyed it and it inspored you a little bit to get crafty ! And please send me your projects if you recreate this.

Love,
xx




24 comments:

  1. that's pretty wicked!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you Sybil! You too <3

      Delete
  2. Your blog is so gorgeous, I simply cannot get over the header! The finished hat looks so bohemian and I love the idea of recycling an old necklace to decorate :D so creative! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks so much, I'm flattered!

      Delete
  3. Wow this came out super well. The hat is SO cute! I would totally buy it! I'll have to take a look at some of my old necklaces and see if any of them can be repurposed like this!

    xx freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear from your ideas and see your creations! Thank you!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks wish you a happy easter as well! xx

      Delete
  5. Hey this is amazing! Super bohemian and kind of reminds me to something I'd wear in coachella haha. Love it, and your blog is amazing :)

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Bohemian style really got me this season :)
      xx

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! I love DIY projects and this looks perfect in gearing up for spring and summer.

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
  7. This hat looks so good! And it's so easy to decorate it. I'd love to see more handcrafts from you, those are the best kind of diy to me :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There will be more coming up :)
      xx

      Delete
  8. I just remembered something when I saw this post. My boyfriend and I went store hopping and I just found the fedora hat I was dying to have but my wallet said 'No'. Hahaha! XD I love how artistic and creative you are in your posts especially this D.I.Y. I need to get to back this kind of things. XD

    Augustin Ra | Indie Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mind over wallet hahaha, I think we all know these situations too well! Would love to see your creations.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I often wear hats but I've never thought of decorating one, that's such a brilliant idea! I would definitely love more DIY posts, I find them very inspiring. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! There will be more coming up, if you decorate your own hat, please send me a picture of your creation ;)
      xx

      Delete
  10. Oh I wish I could do something to my hat too, maybe I should do this DIY!
    Thanks for sharing, it looks so boho :)

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO NEW POST|

    |INSTAGRAM|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be as creative as you want to be ;) !
      xx

      Delete
  11. love this idea! I've never thought to DIY a hat before xx
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete